Rising Stars 4.0
Welcome to the Rising Stars Application Form
This application will take about 30 minutes to complete, however you may wish to spend longer planning and reviewing your answers before submitting.
We are asking you to provide information about:
- Company founders, company vision, your current traction, competitive advantage and value proposition
- Financial information including investment, revenue and growth
- Founders and Team Experience
- Business metrics you measure your success by, your past successes, impact of Covid-19 and your plans for the year ahead
- Your development - i.e. have you been through an accelerator
- There is an optional question asking about any Diversity & Inclusion initiatives in your business - you only need to complete this is you wish to be considered for the Rising Stars Diversity & Inclusion - Leading the Way Award
Only companies that meet the criteria below will be forward to shortlisting:
- Company incorporated between 1-3 years
- HQ’d in UK
- A digital tech business with a product or service to sell*
- At Seed to pre-Series A funding stage. If the company is bootstrapped, maximum annual revenues are £1.5m
- At least one active client or pilot
- Ambition to scale
- Able to commit to Rising Stars dates
*Rising Stars is not open to consultancies or agencies
Applications will be scored by our panel of judges on the following criteria:
1. Value Proposition- Have you communicated the problem you solve effectively? What impact does your solution have - does it answer a clear need?
2. Competitive Advantage - what is your USP? Who are your competitors and how will you stay competitive?
3. Current Traction - What progress have you made in the last 12 months? What do you measure your success?
4. Experience of your team - how are you best placed to deliver your plans - what expertise do you have on your team?
5. Scaling - how do you plan to scale? What is your ambition?
What makes a good Rising Stars company?
The stage: You need to have progressed past the concept stage, have a product or service and be generating revenues
The USP: Have a differentiated, unique proposition
Commercial viability: You don’t need to be profitable yet, but your path to profitability needs to be clear
Demonstrate traction: Whether that be rising revenues, customers or favourable metrics
Show us your vision: What is the big picture?
What separates a good application from a great one?
Demonstrating good market knowledge and the ability to benchmark your company against a well-known business
A passionate founder who reacts well to questioning
A clear and concise explanation of what the business actually does - don’t overuse technical terms
Clear ability to articulate the reason why there is a need for your product or service
Good formatting – not hard to read or follow
What tips would you give a founder who’s completing a Rising Stars application?
Dedicate adequate time to the application
Remember that the person who is reading may not be an expert in the sector
Understand and answer the questions
Have an impartial friend read through the application – does it make sense to them?
Applications are open until midnight on Tuesday 20 October.. Shortlisting will take place between 26 October and 15 November. We will contact you by Friday 20 November to let you know whether you have been selected as a Rising Stars Regional Winner, and will go through to the Semi-Final.
Unfortunately we cannot provide individual feedback on applications.